Dermal fillers, sometimes called soft tissue fillers, are substances designed to be injected beneath the surface of the skin to add volume and fullness. Substances used in dermal fillers include:
- Calcium hydroxylapatite, which is a mineral-like compound found in bones.
- Hyaluronic acid, which is found in some fluids and tissues in the body that add plumpness to the skin.
- Polyalkylimide, a transparent gel that is compatible with the body.
- Polylactic acid, which stimulates the skin to make more collagen.
- Polymethyl-methacrylate microspheres (PMMA), a semi-permanent filler
- Each one of these is designed to treat different signs of aging or other cosmetic issues.
The time they take to work, as well as how long they last, also vary. Some fillers last 6 months, while others last up to 2 years or longer. What can dermal fillers correct? Different types of dermal fillers are designed to treat varying signs of aging. Depending on the filler selected, they may:
- Plump up thinning lips
- Enhance or fill in shallow areas on the face
- Decrease or remove the shadow or wrinkle under the eyes caused by the lower eyelid
- Fill in or soften the look of recessed scars
- Fill in or soften static wrinkles, especially on the lower face
- Static wrinkles include those around the mouth and along the cheeks. These wrinkles are usually a result of a loss of collagen and elasticity in the skin.
Dermal fillers are considered to be safe but side effects can occur. The most common problems include:
- Skin rash, itching, or pimple-like eruptions
- Redness, bruising, bleeding, or swelling
- Undesirable appearance, such as asymmetry, lumps, or overcorrection of wrinkles
- Skin damage that causes a wound, infection, or scarring
- Ability to feel the filler substance under the skin
- Blindness or other vision problems
- Death of skin cells due to loss of blood flow to the area
Letizia is the best! She did my hydra facial, and I knew right away, I found the place and woman who will be my number one got to person! I went back for a micro needling, she explains everything thoroughly and she’s not one to push products on you. She is honest and will know your skin very well and explain how to take care of your skin. Going back for another micro needling, I can’t wait! Only person I trust my skin with.
Venus Salon & Spa is amazing! I had the pleasure of getting a VI Precision Peel with Letizia and I’m so impressed with the results. Letizia is the sweetest esthetician I’ve ever met and she’s very knowledgeable about all the treatment she offers. She made me feel extremely comfortable and relaxed during my session. I’m going to continue coming for additional treatment because she is the best!
Letizia is amazing. I originally booked a microdermabrasion to help with hyper pigmentation and she gave me some great advice , to try vipeel. I trusted the process and after visiting family a few weeks later I received a lot of compliments for my face. I just needed some patience and letizia great recommendations. There is a reason why her business receives 5 stars from her customers, she gets the job done lol highly recommend