At Venus spa we offer the best Chemical Peels on the market :
PCA CHEMICAL PEELS , VI PEEL FOR FACE AND BODY
ENLIGHTEN PEEL and REVE PEEL
What is a Chemical Peel ?
A chemical peel is a procedure in which a chemical solution is applied to the skin to remove the top layers. The skin that grows back is smoother. With a light or medium peel, you may need to undergo the procedure more than once to get the desired results.
Chemical peels are used to treat wrinkles, discolored skin and scars on the face and body They can be done alone or combined with other cosmetic procedures. And they can be done at different depths, from light to deep. Deeper chemical peels offer more-dramatic results but also take longer to recover from.
• Reduce fine lines under the eyes and around the mouth
• Treat wrinkles caused by sun damage and aging
• Improve the appearance of mild scars
• Treat certain types of acne
• Reduce age spots, freckles, and dark patches (melasma) due to pregnancy or taking birth control pills
• Improve the look and feel of skin
Areas of sun damage may improve after chemical peeling.
• After a chemical peel, skin is temporarily more sensitive to the sun, so wear sunscreen every day. It should say “broad-spectrum” on the label, meaning it protects against the sun’s UVA and UVB rays. Also, it should be a physical sunscreen and be above SPF 30. Limit your time in the sun, especially between the hours of 10 a.m. and 2 p.m., and wear a wide-brimmed hat.
PCA Sensi Peel
This gentle solution is formulated primarily for ethnic skin and other extremely sensitive skin types. Sensi Peel®️ will strengthen and brighten the skin while helping to treat sun damage and other forms of hyperpigmentation. This multifaceted treatment also provides anti-inflammatory, anti-acne and antibacterial action, making it an excellent choice for helping to calm rosacea, as redness and inflammation can subside substantially after treatment. Before treatment
Refrain from these activities within 5-7 days prior to your treatment:
• Do not have another treatment, unless recommended. Avoid any irritants to your skin, including retinoids and retinol, glycolic and salicylic acids, benzoyl peroxide, astringents and Vitamin C.
• Do not wax, tweeze or use depilatory creams.
• Do not tan.
• If you are pregnant or think you are pregnant, consider a peel alternative such as MicroCrystal Microdermabrasion or our Oxygen Peel/Treatment.
• Continue to use other skin care products, including hydroquinone.
• No Botox, collagen, or other dermal filler injections for 1-2 weeks prior to a peel.
• Chemical peels cannot typically be applied to skin being treated with prescription drugs, especially Accutane.
Your compliance to your pre and post peel instructions will greatly affect the outcome of your treatment.
• Day 1: Your skin may appear a little red today and will continue to get less red as the day continues. Refrain from wearing make-up unless your practitioner has applied an appropriate mineral makeup for you. Wait at least 4 hours prior to washing your face or if you have no makeup on you may go to sleep without cleansing. Reapply ReBalance as needed.
• Day 2: Start your post peel kit and/or instructions. Always stick with the post treatment care that is recommended by the same company as your peel. It is imperative to getting your best results. Your skin will continue to feel slightly tight to very tight. The top layers of skin are preparing to slough off. By the end of the day your skin may begin to flake, usually starting between your eyes, around your mouth and nose. Sun damaged spots may turn darker prior to peeling. DO NOT PEEL THE SKIN. If any area is irritated, PCA provides a soothing cream in your post peel kit that will address that.
• Day 3: Your skin will flake, peel and feel tight today. DO NOT peel the skin at any time. If you were to peel skin that is not ready to come off, you can cause hypo-pigmented scarring. Today, and tomorrow you will probably want to avoid making any social plans. Begin using a strong hydrating cream and use it often throughout the day. You must completely avoid the sun during this time and wear SPF anytime you go outdoors
• Day 4: The majority of peeling takes place between days 3 and 4. Continue with cleansing and moisturizing with the post peel system. Some areas will have completely peeled and other areas may have not peeled at all. This is normal.
• Day 5, 6 and 7: Your skin may be sensitive or tender for a few days. Continue with the post peel kit and avoid sun exposure for the next two weeks.
• Day 8: You may resume waxing, tweezing on the eighth day as long as you are no longer peeling. By the end of the second week you should be able to tolerate glycolic, salicylic, vitamin C, and retinol, retinoid products. If you had an advanced peel, you may notice your skin is slightly pink.
What is a VI Peel?
A VI Peel is a medium-depth chemical peel that penetrates your top layer of skin, called the epidermis, reaching into the dermis underneath. It uses a product trademarked by Vitality Institute Medical Products.
Like other chemical peels, a VI Peel works by exfoliating your skin and stimulating the production of new proteins. The procedure is commonly used to treat signs of aging, improve skin texture, and correct pigmentary issues.
The product used in VI Peels is made up of a blend of ingredients that include:
• trichloroacetic acid (TCA) (10 to 12 percent)
• phenol (10 to 12 percent)
• salicylic acid (10 to 12 percent)
• vitamin C (4 percent)
• tretinoin (0.1 to 0.4 percent)
VI Peels are gentle enough that they can safely be used on your face, chest, eyelids, hands, and back. According to the Vitality Institute, this type of peel can be used on all skin types and tones.
Benefits of the VI Peel
There are five different versions of the VI Peel available, each tailored to a specific concern; however, the overall benefits include:
• Reducing acne and surface acne scars:
• Diminishing sun spots and hyperpigmentation
• Smoothing over fine lines and wrinkles
What to Expect During the VI Peel
Truth be told, chemical peels sound much scarier than they actually are. Your technician will cleanse your skin and wipe the chemical solution all over your face. It’s a fast treatment that will last about 30 minutes from start to finish.
Following the office visit, you’re sent home with a handy kit that includes specific instructions for the next 72 hours. You’re allowed to remove the solution using a post-peel towelette four hours after the initial application; one hour before bed, another towelette and gentle face washing with the VI cleanser. You’re also given a hydrocortisone cream to relieve any itching or discomfort, plus an SPF 50 sunscreen to wear over the course of the week to protect the new layer of skin.
After just one peel, you should expect to see an improvement in your skin’s appearance. Dark spots and fine lines diminish immediately upon completion of the treatment, and months later you will still be able to see the effects of the peel.
The Enlighten™️ Peel is a new prescription level chemical peel and skin-lightening system. It is designed to help exfoliate the skin and promote skin cell turnover so the pores shrink, sun damage lifts, fine lines and wrinkles are smoothed. With the Enlighten Peel, you can also lighten hyperpigmented skin, even for darker skin types with irregular pigmentation areas, or pitted acne scars, or as a way to prep the skin for laser treatments for other chemical peels.
How It Works
The Enlighten peel inhibits melanogenesis by paralyzing melanin production. It exfoliates the upper surface of the skin and is enhanced by lightening agents, and during the 2-step prescription peel that takes about 20-35 minutes, your discolored pigmentation is brought to the surface, which increases cell turnover. The peel goes even deeper to inhibit further hyperpigmentation. This treatment is done at our office, then the peel is left on the face for about 8-12 hours, where you can continue your aftercare at home.
Enlighten Peel Aftercare
Once you are home, and then there is a 28-day home care regimen to work against discoloration or skin blemishes. Diligent aftercare is necessary for optimal results, and Dr. Fakhre will go over your at-home follow-up treatment plan to ensure you are prepared for what to expect.
What It Treats
The Enlighten Skin Peel can effectively even out skin tone with targeted treatment to reduce or eliminate hyperpigmentation, melasma, blotchy patches, scarred skin, dull skin, freckles, and large pores. It is safe for every skin tone, including dark skin types. In fact, it has been called the best peel for ethnic skin. Patients with darker skin are at higher risk for hyperpigmentation from traditional peels, but the Enlighten Skin Peel is safe, easy, and there is limited downtime.
WHAT IS REVEPEEL?
The RevePeel is the newest addition to our line of skin care products. We have completely overhauled our chemical peel line to make way for this exciting new product that is not only safe, but effective. This is a medium depth peel. This means that you will have the effect of a stronger product without significant downtime. There are many ingredients in this peel that are designed to treat and prevent many common skin problems. For example, it
contains TCA (trichloroacetic acid), salicylic acid, lactic acid, phenol, and Croton oil. The oil balances the other caustic acids and allows a very controlled deposition of these chemicals throughout the superficial and deeper layers of your skin. The RevePeel has been described as both effective and comfortable by most patients.
WHY CHOOSE THE REVEPEEL?
When it comes to reducing hyperpigmentation, melasma, acne, and fine lines and wrinkles, the Reve peel results are absolutely superior when compared to the results of other medical grade chemical peels on the market. This is due to that revolutionary Croton oil-blended delivery system which allows the peel to be applied evenly (as opposed to just alcohol-based peels) and enables it to penetrate to deeper depths targeting buried damage and stubborn pigment. This unique delivery system reduces the risk of post procedure inflammation (post inflammatory hyperpigmentation, PIH) making the Reve Peel a safe choice for virtually all skin types. We also feel that there is a synergistic relationship between this chemical peel and retinol-based products like Retin products like Retin-A
The depth of your peel is totally customizable, allowing us to be more aggressive in the areas that have more damage, and more superficial on sensitive areas if needed. The peel is left on for 2 – 4 hours post application which you will rinse off with the gentle cleanser that comes as part of your 7 – day homecare kit that we will provide to you. During the following 1-2 days the sun damage and pigment will be brought to the surface in preparation to shed. The peeling process usually begins by the 3rd day. Over a total period 7 – 10 days your old damaged surface layers will peel off in sheets -literally erasing years off of your face revealing fresh, even toned, beautiful new skin. If you’re ready to make dull uneven skin a thing of the past the Reve Peel is just what you need. In most cases, 1 treatment as all you need, but some patients request a second peel. Of course, this is a patient dependent and results may vary